Saturday, June 14, 2008

Finished the first shawl clue!





Wow, that was fast. When I decided to do this mystery shawl KAL, I was afraid I would get left behind because I have never done a KAL or even knit lace before. I got up early this morning and couldn't wait to get started. Starting was a little slow. I had to cast on 9 stitches and work them on 3 double pointed needles. Firs time the stitches got twisted and I had to pull them out. Second time I tried 2 circular needles but it just didn't feel right to me. Third and last time, I used 2 double pointed needles and nothing got twisted. I had to increase on the second row and by the third row I was able to add the third needle. I finished all the rows including the first chart. Now I must wait another week for the next clue.I have a funny feeling that it will take longer and longer to finish each section but I am going to try to keep up with everyone. I am posting pics of the yarn I am using which is my cormo/border leicester handspun wool, my swatches and my first section of the shawl. I will post more pics as the shawl grows. Enjoy your weekend! Anne
Check out my website at http://emeraldshandspunhandknit.weebly.com/emerald-hill-blog.html

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your yarn is so pretty! It looks beautiful! You don't have the same ladder "problem" that I am having, LOL. I am using two circulars because I don't have dpns the right size. Pics are up of my progress (two rows shy of being done with the chart) on Ravelry!

I think there are 4 clues-- but I don't remember exactly.