Thursday, June 5, 2008

Swatches are done!

Today I knit my swatches for the Mystery shawl I am going to knit starting the 14th of June. I used 3 different needle sizes to see which one I would like the best. I like the swatch done with size 7 needles the best. The 3 are now being blocked and I will take them to a friend's store and ask her opinion. Then I can buy the right sized circular needle while I am there.
This will be my first KAL (Knit-A-Long)and my first lace shawl. I am very excited about doing it. I just hope I can keep up. I am using some of my handspun cormo/border leicester yarn. I love this yarn and I knew I wanted to do something special with it. Now I am and this shawl is for me. I will add pics of the swatches after they finish being blocked and pics of the yarn I am using. Anne

Check out my website at http://emeraldshandspunhandknit.weebly.com/emerald-hill-blog.html

No comments: