Sunday, June 29, 2008



Remember that beautiful pinkish yarn I posted recently? Well, I found a project for it already. Because I only get one clue a week with the mystery shawl, I had to find another knitting project to do in between the clues. With the help of my friend Cindy, I found a wonderful lace shawl pattern to try. This is a triangular shawl named the Mohana Shawl and the designer is Monika Steinbauer. After knittng the first chart I got very confused being this was so new to me. I couldn't find anyone to ask ( none of my friends were home) so I wrote to Monika herself. She was so helpful. She couldn't believe I was taking this on as a new lace knitter. I have found that after she explained what I needed to do I was ok and the shawl is coming out just beautiful. Thank you Monika.

I found this free pattern on ravelry.com. If you haven't joined Ravelry and you love to knit or crochet please join. It is a wonderful place for patterns and to be in touch with others who love the craft. I will post another picture after I get a little more done. Anne

Check out my website at http://emeraldshandspunhandknit.weebly.com/emerald-hill-blog.html

No comments: