Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Day of Processing and Dyeing

It was so cold yesterday which is unusual even for New Hampshire this time of year. I had hoped for sun but I ended up with partly cloudy with a little rain. That didn't stop me though. I filled those buckets up with hot water and laundy soap and started washing the mohair. It was pretty dirty. As the fiber was sitting in the rinse bucket, I started up the dye pots. No sense in drying the mohair just to wet it again for dyeing so it went from the rinse bucket to the dye pot. See pictures! I am now pretty much out of dyes and it is time to go and buy some more. I still have one more mohair fleece to process and I might as well do it today. Then it is back to processing wool. It is still cold today but at least the sun is out. Have a wonderful Day! Anne

P.S. For more information on dyeing wool and pictures please visit my website's blog at http://emeraldshandspunhandknit.weebly.com/emerald-hill-blog.html

No comments: